[nycphp-talk] What UserLogin/Auth mechanism do you use ?

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Thu Dec 11 22:16:52 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, felix zaslavskiy wrote:

> I was wondering what people find most convinient for to do this ?
> Do you use just php sessions with few own helper functions,
> PEAR::Auth,other library, or completely homegrown ?

I've been known to roll my own but it sucked and isn't recommended (-:

Ask Hans about pauth (yo Hans!) -- which btw I started looking at and
didn't quite grok it, then my attention got diverted away.

I've also been playing a bit with PEAR::Auth, which after much research
(read: asking people here) I think is probably Good Enough but the
documentation is sparse (though not as sparse as in some PEAR packages).

Then I got interested in PhpDocumentor because although scrolling through
the source of PEAR::Auth might be enlightening, I wanted *documentation*.
PhpDocumentor worked great on my Linux box, seems broken on my Win2k --
but I digress.

PEAR::Auth certainly gets you started quickly & painlessly.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17