[nycphp-talk] Thanks RE: Need page refresh solution

tech at protchkocreative.com tech at protchkocreative.com
Mon Dec 22 08:39:42 EST 2003

Thanks for suggestions re: refreshing a form page that's been processed.
I was trying to avoid redirecting to another page after submitting the form and
would prefer to process through action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>"

The end-user usability is most effective if they can:
* submit the request form
* have the data processed
* and have the form reload...so they can submit another request if necessary.

I may have no choice but to do it in 2 steps. 1)submit and redirect to
acknowledgement page; 2)and then redirect/link back to clean form.

I'm still curious about what causes the browser to resubmit the form data if
you refresh the form page after submitting. Can't you flush the previous header
info. I've tried resetting the form variables... and even changing HTTP status.

If anyone knows of any concise HTTP header references/explanations, I'd
appreciate the guidance.

Thanks again for suggestions.
Regards and happy holidays!
Scott Protchko