[nycphp-talk] Passing some form values through to a redirected page...

John Seberg jseberg at speakeasy.net
Sat Feb 1 15:34:21 EST 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Josh McCormack wrote:

> If you find some good tutorials or examples, please pass them along. I
> just stuck with using a cookie for a recent password protected script.
>
> Josh

If you used session_start() and related functions, you have
options to use server files, server memory, or a custom handler
to store your session variables - rather than cookies. It might
only be a matter of editing php.ini.

I thought this was covered quite well in "Web Database
Applications with PHP & MySQL" by Williams & Lane (O'Reilly).
They even have an appendix on how to write your own handler to
store your session vars in a database.

The chapter covering Sessions is online:

<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/webdbapps/chapter/ch08.html>

Disclaimer: I'm a total newbie.