Mono & PHP

Sterling Hughes sterling at bumblebury.com
Sun Feb 2 18:13:10 EST 2003

I spent a little time this weekend implementing an extension that allows
PHP to load .NET classes on the Unix environment - 100% open source, by
leveraging the mono library(*).  For more information, view the README
file in the distribution by downloading the file
http://www.edwardbear.org/php_mono_0_1.tar.gz.

Its PHP5 only, as that's what I've switched to for all new development.
Hi Ho.

<?php
$Console = new Mono('System.Console');
$Console->WriteLine('Hello World, PHP is .NET ready!');
?>

- Sterling "No More Extensions Needed" Hughes

(*) Mono is much more than library, of course.  But it links to/uses the
mono library.

PS:  I'll be adding it into PECL in a little bit, I want to finish the
type proxying code.  I'd also like to add all of the object and method
caching.

PPS: If anyone has suggestions for a better way of doing type proxying
than what's described in the README, please let me know.

--
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,
 then they fight you, then you win."