[nycphp-talk] PHP and MSIE 6.0

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Feb 3 17:39:07 EST 2003

Hey Clyde:

> I am using PHP to manage the session.  We discovered that sometimes the
> user information is not preserved.  I wrote a fix to explicitly save that
> data in a cookie rather than rely on the PHP session info by reading the
> $_POST data into a string and saving it as a cookie.

Server side data management is the way to go.  Meaning: forget cooikes.
This will make your site work regardless of the browser or what cookie
settings each customer uses.

So, what was the original problem where you "discovered that sometimes
the user inforamtion is not preserved."

See you,

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
    SqlSolution.info  | LayoutSolution.info |  FormSolution.info