[nycphp-talk] EREG Question

Christopher R. Merlo cmerlo at turing.matcmp.ncc.edu
Wed Feb 5 12:35:04 EST 2003

On 2003-02-05 10:25 -0500, Pete Czech - New Possibilities Group, LLC <pete at npgroup.net> wrote:

> This works, but with SINGLE numbers, they appear bolded all over the
> place.  So if the person had entered 9,39,49 - all the 9's would be
> bolded...  BUT, this doesn't happen all over!  Just in certain
> places with no rhyme or reason.  So one persons entry would be fine,
> showing the single 9 bolded, while another user would have all their
> 9's bolded.  Ugh!

(Hi.  I'm a new subscriber to the list.  Blah, blah, blah.)

You probably want to add some delimiters to your expression, like
testing for " $a " (or whatever your delimiter is), instead of testing
for "$a".  It seems that your regex is picking up every occurrence of
the digit, because you're not telling it that the digit should be by
itself.

--
cmerlo at turing.matcmp.ncc.edu        http://turing.matcmp.ncc.edu/~cmerlo

Windows:  You'll wish we were kidding.