[nycphp-talk] <script language="php">

Sean Smith ssmith at tomega.com
Thu Feb 6 21:58:54 EST 2003

Question for Jon Baer.

I've been using php for a while now so I guess you could classify me as
an advanced newbie. :-D

I found your statement, "It should be a written rule/law somewhere to do
all your PHP/JSP work @ the top of the page", a little confusing. You
also said that you work on smaller projects that are full of <?php's.

I don't see how you can't use those below the top of the page. I
completely understand having form parsing and sql requests etc. at the
top of the page, and I also use classes and user defined functions. But,
if I recieve sql query results and populate the appropriate variables
how else do you display the variable values in HTML other than using
<?php echo $bar; ?> ?

Like I said, maybe I'm reading into this too much. But please explain.
If there are other ways than the previous to display  PHP variables in
HTML than let me know. Thank you.