Newbie question: extract categories and display once

QuicknEasyImage jim at quickneasyimage.com
Thu Feb 13 03:06:03 EST 2003

Hi,

I am creating a MSQL database of articles, all labeled by categories - i.e.
marketing, copywriting, ecommerce and so on. I want to display the links to
these articles  on a web page, sorted by category. I only want to display
the category name on the web page once - and underneath that, all the
articles that fall into that category, then the next category name and all
the articles under that that fall into that category, and so on.

I can extract and display the links to the articles easy enough, but can't
think how to make sure that the category name prints only once - at the top
of category list. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim