[nycphp-talk] ColdFusion Question

Brian brian at preston-campbell.com
Thu Feb 20 09:32:03 EST 2003

I have been working on an SNMP project in VB (also, no comments please...) and
a lot of usable data is passed by an SNMP agent.  You can get a Win32 agent
from a Win2K disk and of course there are free agents for Linux servers as
well.  I have not looked for SNMP projects in PHP but I bet you could find
something on Sourceforge that would suite your purposes. (Look into BER
decoding as a start).

With the right code, you could easily obtain the MAC address of the
originating server and check that against your MAC address on record.
Although encryption might be difficult to handle in this case, what med
student would be sniffing packets on port 161?

Just a thought since SNMP is new to me, but someone may have a better idea
that would be easier to implement.

Brian