[nycphp-talk] ColdFusion Question

Daniel Kushner nyphp at websapp.com
Thu Feb 20 09:33:32 EST 2003

Hans,

I didn't get to my second cup of coffee yet, so please excuse me if I'm off track.

If you want to make sure that GET variables are not tampered with on their journey across the network, you can MD5 them
with a magic key and then the keys integrity on the receiving side.

For example, if you want to pass ?name=hans
do something like $key = md5('this_is_a_magic_key'.'hans')
and then pass: ?name=hans&key=$key

Remember, that the name/key pair will always match! Using a time based key would be even more secure, or a pseudo random
key that each key in the set can only be used once, even better!!

Okay, where's my coffee?

--Daniel