Installing PHP on Mac OS X Server

Matthew Zimmerman mz34 at nyu.edu
Tue Jan 7 16:17:25 EST 2003

Hi gang,

Got a new Mac X Serv and am installing MySQL and PHP.

I use the downloads and instructions from www.entropy.ch. Always had
success with these, but I am having a problem I haven't had before.

I follow all of Marcs instructions then type the final command:

sudo apachectl graceful

I get an error

/usr/bin/apachectl graceful: configuration broken, ignoring restart
/usr/bin/apachectl graceful: (run 'apacectl configtest' for details)

when I run the configtest I get the message

syntax error on line 369 of /etc/httpd/httd.conf
Cannot add module via name 'mod.php4.c': not in list of loaded modules.

I will of course open up the config file and look at it, but I thought
if someone had come across this problem before they could tell me what
the fix is.

matt