[nycphp-talk] Installing PHP on Mac OS X Server

Weston Houghton ucsu at anapraxis.com
Wed Jan 8 22:22:15 EST 2003

Sorry, I just caught up to this one, have you had any luck? I have it
running quite happily on my machines here, all built (with various
configurations) by me. I'm sure we can figure out what's going on.

First off, did you only build php, or did you do both php and apache?

Wes

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 05:14  PM, Matthew Zimmerman wrote:

> Yeah, I figure that too Bradely.
>
> I replace the httpd.conf with the backup config  file and stared from
> scratch again, three times, and I keep getting the same error.
>
> Like I said, I also go to Marc's site a lot and do the same exact thing
> and it always works so I cant' for life figure out what I did wrong.
> This is my first time doing it on OS X server though. I have just done
> it on OS X before. I know OS X server ships with PHP installed, but I
> wanted the full version.
>
> Matt
>
> On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 04:51  PM, Bradley Baumann wrote:
>
>> Matt,
>>     I highly doubt that it is in the order matters... if apache is
>> giving an
>> error because it can't load PHP it's probably something because you
>> forgot
>> to do something, or something isn't in there right...
>> Check this step of the PHP installation with Apache out :
>>
>> 14. Edit your httpd.conf or srm.conf file and check that these lines
>> are
>>     present and not commented out:
>>
>>    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>>
>>    LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so
>>
>>   You can choose any extension you wish here.  .php is simply the one
>>   we suggest. You can even include .html, and .php3 can be added for
>>   backwards compatibility.
>>
>>   The path on the right hand side of the LoadModule statement must
>> point
>>   to the path of the PHP module on your system. The above statement is
>>   correct for the steps shown above.
>> -
>> -
>> Full Text: http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache.php
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>> -Bradley

>>> if someone had come across this problem before they could tell me