[nycphp-talk] upgrading apache

Gautam Guliani gautamg at panix.com
Mon Jan 13 18:22:33 EST 2003

Since you're running the RH 8,here are the commands you need

See what version is now installed in /usr/sbin
/usr/sbin/httpd -v
(should give you output similar to)
Server version: Apache/1.3.27 (Darwin)
Server built:   10/16/02 21:48:47

restart apache with (as root)
/etc/init.d/httpd restart

and look in the apache error log for a line that looks like
[root at borgcube gautamg]# tail /var/log/httpd/error_log
[Fri Jan  3 17:39:45 2003] [notice]
Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.23 (Mandrake Linux/4mdk) PHP/4.2.2
configured -- resuming normal operations

this tells you what version of apache you just started.

Hope this helps,
Gautam