FT Web Developer Job

George Webb gw.nyphp at gwprogramming.com
Thu Jan 16 17:07:45 EST 2003

Hi PHP Crew!

	I wish this job were more an entirely "PHP Job", but
it isn't.  It is probably more of an "HTML job," so some graphics
experience is required.  But PHP is definitely "on the rise" at VTB
(and its affiliated companies), and this department, the "Internet
Department," would like to become more technologically independent
of the I.T. department (or outsourcers), which usually has to do
even their most basic programming.

	I myself am in the I.T. department at this company, as the
"web programmer," and I would definitely recommend that the Internet
department become more independent of I.T.  Maybe someone on this
list would be both capable and interested.

	Yes, this permanent position is in Shelburne, VT, which
is right next to Burlington.

	So far the applicants have all been over-qualified, which
may not be that surprising.  The best candidate will probably
show speed of producing web pages and associated components
(images, stylesheets, etc.) and will be able to work with some
databases (Access, MySQL) and e-commerce solutions (Yahoo Store,
InterShop, etc.).  Perl and PHP abilities would be the next
priority, I would suppose.

WEBSITE CONTENT DEVELOPER - Shelburne
Seeking Internet person to create and maintain website content on The
Vermont Teddy Bear Company's consumer and internal websites. Experience
with HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and JavaScript required. Experience
with Yahoo! Store, InterShop or other e-commerce store platforms preferred.
Must be able to manage workload independently and with attention to detail,
in a fun, fast-paced, multi-website environment.

	Please send resume to:
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company
Attn: Human Resources
6655 Shelburne Road, Shelburne, VT 05482
fax to 802-985-1330
or email in MS Word format to sues at vtbear.com (Sue Schermerhorn,
Senior Human Resources Generalist)
<<<