[nycphp-talk] NYC Freelance rates

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Jan 20 12:26:42 EST 2003

Hey Folks:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 12:03:09PM -0500, Edward Potter wrote:

>   I was just wondering what the going rate for freelance (NYC) PHP
> programmers was?

I've got a sliding scale.  For friends and non-profit's I'm friendly with,
I charge $45/hr.  For small to medium companies, it goes up to $60-75.
This last category, if there's an emergency not of my making, I'll bill
$120.  If I landed a large corporate gig, I'd want $90.

Just to be clear, these rates involve working from my office as a
contractor, not from a client's location.

Of course, a kid out of college generally couldn't charge this.  I feel
comfortable with these rates due to several years of experience, am
meticulous and innovative plus write code that's efficient, readable and
documented.

I've got several ideas in the works to revamp my website to better put
these points forth.

Enjoy,

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
    SqlSolution.info  | LayoutSolution.info |  FormSolution.info