[nycphp-talk] Cannot show reuploaded image file on page unless manual refresh

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Jan 20 19:16:18 EST 2003

--- Phil Powell <soazine at erols.com> wrote:
> HTTP protocol is far beyond me, I'm sorry.

<shameless_plug>

You can buy HTTP Developer's Handbook. It introduces HTTP
from a Web developer's perspective and uses PHP as the
primary language for examples. It is not being printed
until the end of February, but you can order it from Amazon
at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672324547/.

</shameless_plug>

> What I did in view.php is simple: I am now generating
> a random string inside the image URL, so that when you
> upload an image you get something like this:
>
> Kd0SLDSdslasdfasdOWKDC_60.jpg

And this works, correct? I feel certain that we could have
solved your earlier problem a better way, but if this works
for you, don't look back. :-)

> HTTP protocols are honestly out of my league.

A little knowledge of HTTP can go a long way in terms of
developing applications for the Web. It's not nearly as
advanced as it may seem, and it can help you resolve some
otherwise difficult problems. Even a small overview can
give you an enlightened perspective about the way the Web
works.

O'Reilly has a pocket reference for less than $10.

Chris