[nycphp-talk] Logfile analysis

FB` fb at intldef.org
Mon Jan 20 19:50:48 EST 2003

Have you considered going to a .htaccess & $path_info driven approach for
your variables?
can do things like

/section/news/ instead of /page.php?section=news
and
/whatever/about/staff/joebob/ instead of
/page.php?section=about&subsect=staff&person=joebob

when done properly, even Apache can't tell it's not butter, and all log
analyzers treat your urls as legitimate files. and it all looks a lot more
elegant.

would be pretty easy to implement on an existing site - would just need to
control link generation and add some parsing near the top...

i forget the url that got me going on  this, but poke around on google for
path_info, htaccess and search engine friendly URLs

PS - webalizer is -good-, but clueless about query strings. works like a
charm in a setup with path_info tho

FB`