[nycphp-talk] ADT alpha 1

Sterling Hughes sterling at bumblebury.com
Mon Jan 27 10:37:25 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 10:29, Hans Zaunere wrote:
> Hey Sterling,
>
> --- Sterling Hughes <sterling at bumblebury.com> wrote:
> >
> > ADT alpha 1 is available!  ADT is a PHP extension that provides a
> > collection of Abstract Data Types (ADT), including trees, graphs,
> > queues, heaps, sets and stacks.
>
> Have you considered implementing these using shared memory and semaphores -
> or at least offering that as an option during initialization?  I've written
> some PHP (http://phpnow.net/src/pVar.inc.phps) to implement application
> variables via shared memory, but it really needs to be redone in C, since
> PHP's SHM/SEM functionality isn't all there.  But with the assortment of data
> types ADT offers, if it was in shared memory, it'd be great.

I'm planning on implementing a method of node (element) proxying, so you
initialize a structure and specify handlers, which get called when you
access elements.  This will allow for SHM, DB or whatever, storage.

> Pleasure meeting you at LWE by the way.

Same here.

-Sterling

--
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,
 then they fight you, then you win."