[nycphp-talk] PHP session id's in access logs

Winston Churchill-Joell winston at xylophage.com
Wed Jul 2 12:00:18 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I have a question about user session id's showing up in apache access
logs. We're trying to do some more in-depth analysis of our traffic and
sessions came up, of course. My understanding of how PHP manages
sessions is that it will propagate the ID in the URL if the browser
doesn't support cookies. So how does a user session become apparent in
the access logs when the visitor's browser does support cookies? I
apologize if the answer to this question is painfully obvious...

Thanks in advance,
Winston