[nycphp-talk] sqlite/php5/mysqli

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Sun Jul 13 21:06:41 EDT 2003

well im really waiting for php5 more for cli stuff but what's is (or seems)
more confusing is that you have mysqli stuff ...
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysqli.php

which primarily states that the functions are meant for mysql 4.1+ which
means eventually when u do upgrade ur mysql packages that u would need to
recode according to this new api or would it become dissolved altogether
since php+mysql is no more ... is it kinda like code w/ mysql @ ur own risk
since its extension is built in, then vice versa, then have a new api.

it does not really matter to me @ the moment, its just a general question
about the php language.

- jon

pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47