[nycphp-talk] $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] and Javascript histor yobject

Freedman, Tom S. Thomas.Freedman at ubs.com
Mon Jul 14 17:33:11 EDT 2003

I can't improve on Phil's solution options, but I did want to comment that
the JavaScript history object is locked for security reasons... imagine if
any site you visited could see everywhere you've been on the web since you
started up your browser, and log that information.  It would be a huge
privacy breech.  So they locked it up, and will let you move the user
forwards and back, but not actually see where they've been.  As they say,
it's not a bug, it's a feature! :-)

-Tom