[nycphp-talk] php code cache software

Sterling Hughes sterling at bumblebury.com
Sun Mar 2 19:48:58 EST 2003

Just a note that most people use PEAR's Cache module for this, its more
robust and supports a variety of different methods for application level
caching.

-Sterling

> I use php-Accerator as well, but I also use phpCache v1.4 - PHP caching
> engine
> http://www.0x00.org/php/phpCache/
>
> Basically, it's good for storing variables in your cache for X amount of
> time. For example, your front page might have 10 queries on it. Does the
> content need to be that fresh? If not, try phpcache and store that array or
> string.
>
> Tutorials & Testimonials
> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=10834
> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=10902
> http://www.sitepoint.com/article/685
>
> Good luck

"Reductionists like to take things apart.  The rest of us are
 just trying to get it together."
    - Larry Wall, Programming Perl, 3rd Edition