installing PHP extensions

Matthew Zimmerman mz34 at nyu.edu
Fri Mar 14 12:28:21 EST 2003

Here I am again with the naive newbie questions:)

When I come across a PHP extension that I would like to use do I always
have to reconfigure PHP?

I want to use some PHP XSLT functions on either my Red Hat Linux or
MacOSX box:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xslt.php

and the install instructions say to run configure with such and such
options.

If I do this, do I have to include all the other options for other
extensions and settings? Will all the configure options be reset if I
only run configure with the options of installing the XSLT extension?

I guess I just want to know what is the easiest way to install an
extension without messing up the PHP installation I have already.

Thanks a lot!

MZ
Matthew Zimmerman
Humanities Computing Group, NYU