[nycphp-talk] installing PHP extensions

Chris Snyder chris at psydeshow.org
Fri Mar 14 12:41:58 EST 2003

Matthew Zimmerman wrote:

>I guess I just want to know what is the easiest way to install an
>extension without messing up the PHP installation I have already.

AFAIK, you need to recompile. One way to find out what options your
current php was compiled with is to check the output of a phpinfo() call
-- it includes the Configure Command that was used for the last compile.

If you have been using RPMs, this might seem like a big step as you'll
need to recompile Apache from source as well. The learning curve is well
worth it, however.

    chris.