PHP/MySQL based solution for sending bulk email?

Steve Soler steve at soler.com
Mon Mar 17 19:52:26 EST 2003

I have an opt-in email list of about 200,000 people.  I'm wondering if
anyone knows of a shareware or commercial PHP/MySQL based solution for
sending out bulk email.  It would have to have the following features:
- Allow the creation of multiple mailing lists by duplicating existing
mailing lists and also copying one mailing list to an existing.
- Must be able to remove duplicates in each individual mailing list.
- Force mailings to be associated with only one mailing list at a time.
- Allow for optional demographics fields on the Opt-In form.
- Handle Opt-Out / Opt-In requests for each individual email list.
- Handle HTML email with optional plain text for non-html email clients.
- Monitor statistics for every delivered email that is viewed and the
link clicked through to.
- Provide a way for clients to view the live statistics of their
particular mailing online.

This solution can run on either a Windows 2000 box or a Mac OS X box,
which ever is more convenient.  I know Mac OS X come with PHP and
SendMail pre-installed being that it's really UNIX under the hood.

I'll be using a broad band connection so I need this solution to use
the sendmail program (or equivalent) to send the mailings right from
the box it's installed on.  This is to avoid having to rely on an ISP
or Web-hosts mail server which will think I'm sending out spam and try
and shut me down.

I hope this is clear and I hope some one knows of a solution out there
that will do the job.  If there turns out to be none with these
capabilities, I'm also interested in possibly hiring some one to build
such a solution for me if the price is right.  All feed back is
appreciated.

Thank you,
Steve Soler