[nycphp-talk] Hi !-stealth mail shields

deedee delta at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 31 22:54:52 EST 2003

i know we can trust Hans and the team to protect and uphold our privacy.
"nyphp at jimbishop.org" you might consider that your email address is not
complex nor is it encrypted. Individuals who write programs to spam and harm
decent web surfers like yourself love to act menacing and might write
programs to manipulate & compromise usernames for every combination of
XXXX at jimbishop.org.  I also have an email address at my domainname.org but i
never use any combination of that org account for public adventures.  its
always kept private.  my inbox i use for this group rarely displays anything
but nyphp notices. I create 'rules' to manage & delete the unwanted emails.

another option is try
http://fantomaster.com/fantomasSuite/mailShield/famshieldsv-e.cgi or other
mail shields (spamex, spamgourmet or spammotel) to minimize your concerns.

here's another really good bit of advice i found at
http://www.email911.com/resources/whatcanido.html
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER reply or respond to a spam or any bulk unsolicited
commercial email message - especially if it is to ask to be removed from
their mailing list.
Most spam includes a link to a "Removal Form" or a "Removal Address" within
the message. When you reply to any spam message that you receive - even if
it is to request to be removed - you are telling the spammer that your email
address is active. Literally within minutes or hours of your reply they will
put your email address on a CD Rom and sell it to other spammers for profit,
increasing the amount of spam that you receive by ten-fold or more.