[nycphp-talk] Masking Emails and Avoiding Spam - OOPS

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Thu May 1 20:35:47 EDT 2003

Jeff,

> I agree with you but up to a point. Is all unsolicited commercial
> email necessarily spam?

Yes, it's spam.  Spam is unsolicited commercial email.  That's the plain,
simple definition.

You seem to think that calling it "spam" means that it's dirty, rotten,
and evil.  Perhaps we'd do better trying to discuss whether there is or
is not an acceptable form of spam.

I think any unsolicited commercial email is offensive.  I also think
it should be illegal for spammers to use the dishonest tactics to
which you refer.  But these are two separate issues.  And many good
people would disagree with my position on either.

Regards,

  Ed