php and COM server...

Kerem Tuzemen keremtuzemen at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 10:36:03 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a very primitive COM server which has an object with only one method, returning an integer when called. As you can imagine, I'm kinda playing around before beginning a new project. I'm using Delphi to implement the COM server and in the lights of the limited php documentation on this issue, I've found that the only COM interface php can support is the IDispatch one, and implemented the server according to these findings. Anyways, I tried running it using ASP (keep your crosses inside, just testing the COM :) )  and it worked as it should. When I tried to run it using php, the COM object initiated without any problems, but when I call the method I get the following error:
---------------------------
php.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00000001" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
OK   Cancel

Did anyone in this list try to implement something similar? Any pointers, docs, etc. greatly appreciated.
BTW, I'm currently running PHP Version 4.3.2-dev

Kerem