[nycphp-talk] php and COM server...

pswebcode, nyc psaw at pswebcode.com
Mon May 5 17:04:00 EDT 2003

Did you write the COM object yourself?

Just playing the percentages, I'd say most likely there is a subtle
oversight in the COM object. The Microsoft product family tends to let
stuff slide. An outside product tends to play with all the documented
rules, in terms of number of parameters expected, data type of the
return value, and especially scope of variables.

Always watch for and remember: null <> numeric zero <> zero-length
string.

Also, have you checked the threading model of the object. Doesn't VB
often use some kind of hybrid threading model called "apartment"? ASP
will deal with it, of course. It is possible that PHP doesn't support
that?

Sorry I couldn't go much deeper.

If you cut n paste the whole object code I could look at it.

PSaw