[nycphp-talk] Why Smarty?

Malcolm, Gary gmalcolm at professionalcredit.com
Mon May 5 18:13:41 EDT 2003

Emmanuel,

	Smarty is pure MVC...

	The business logic model is completely in the programmers hands (me)
and  can be passed off design to people who like to make pretty pictures...
with the caveat that they get the Smarty template logic to make repetative
stuff like tables easy without diving into the complexity of a full blown
language.

	Smarty is the go-between Controller with a built in debugger.

	I can support thousands more pages now that I don't have to think
about layout or coach designers through script code.

	If you maintain a small site and enjoy layout detail yourself then
this tool is still cool but probably unnecessary...