[nycphp-talk] Help displaying "funky" characters using PHP

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Tue May 13 12:59:57 EDT 2003

Hi Phil:

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 09:38:36AM -0400, soazine at pop.erols.com wrote:
> <?= $vals[$index][attributes][QUESTION] ?>

First off, regardless of the value stored in this array, put single quotes
around the static key names -- I assume attributes and QUESTION aren't
contants.  Also, I tend to always use <?php tag syntax to ensure
operability on various systems.

  <?php= $vals[$index]['attributes']['QUESTION'] ?>

> if $vals[$index][attributes][QUESTION] = "What is your favorite part of
> V&#228;lsignalandet?"  Then it comes across rather nastily onscreen when I
> want to see "a-umlaut" with the rest of the lettering intact.

Well, that has nothing to do with PHP or arrays.  It probably has more to
do with your web browser and fonts on your machine.  What do you mean by
"comes across rather nastily onscreen?"

Enjoy,

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/