[nycphp-talk] learning about foreach continued

max goldberg max at idsociety.com
Wed May 21 15:48:07 EDT 2003

>From www.php.net/mysql

The function mysql_fetch_array() uses a constant for the different types
of result arrays. The following constants are defined:

Table 3. MySQL fetch constants

constant description
MYSQL_ASSOC Columns are returned into the array having the fieldname as
the array index.
MYSQL_BOTH Columns are returned into the array having both a numerical
index and the fieldname as the array index.
MYSQL_NUM Columns are returned into the array having a numerical index
to the fields. This index starts with 0, the first field in the result.

More at http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-fetch-array.php

-max