[nycphp-talk] Need virtual host Apache help ...

Christopher Hendry chendry at nyc.rr.com
Thu May 22 09:50:13 EDT 2003

Does it need to be port based?  I don't know how to set that up, but I use
Apache for plenty of different dev sites on my computers (windows):

Be sure to uncomment this line in httpd.conf:

NameVirtualHost *

Then minimum add this per site:

 <VirtualHost *>
         DocumentRoot "c:\\foobar"
         ServerName foobar
 </VirtualHost>

Also edit your windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file to reflect the new
sites, ie:

127.0.0.1  foobar

The above works for me.  :)