[nycphp-talk] CM Tool / Interface to PHP

Chalu Kim chalu at egenius.com
Mon May 26 13:32:24 EDT 2003

You sound like you are committed to checkins and checkouts. But you could
also look at it in the workflow.

For example, you create a content initially private. Once you submit to
published. Then, you can checkout and checkin. In turn, they can be viewed
as locked or unlocked(or available). You can also retract it.

You notice there is a state machine based states and transitions. For
example, you start with a state of "private". moving onto "submitted" with
transition of "submit", onto "published" or "into repository" via
"publish"...

I think you could benefit from workflow.

There are a number of efforts out there;

http://www.openflow.it/EN/index_html
http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/DCWorkflow_docs

The problem you are trying to tackle seems to require a framework. If you
are just interested in checkin and checkout, there is CVS modules for
Zope/Python.