[nycphp-talk] need some form help...

Aaron Fischer agfische at email.smith.edu
Tue May 27 12:22:32 EDT 2003

One way of making it easier is to not have any mention of date in the
form.  You are working behind the scenes with php to input the current
date into mysql, so you don't have to ask the user anything pertaining
to date.  This is nice because it is one less thing you are asking the
user to do.

In your php processing, set $date = date("Y-m-d");  Then you can use
$date along with your other form values that are posted and insert them
into the database.

HTH,

Aaron