[nycphp-talk] PHP and Instant Messenger -- was: time tracking apps ...

Bill Lovett bill at ilovett.com
Wed Oct 15 10:59:02 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:43:18PM -0400, Chris Snyder wrote:

> I read this and imagined a chat bot that listens for InstantMessages
> from you, so you can tell it when you start and stop working on various
> projects. It would generate an invoice with a PayPal link on request.

I'm in the early stages of a project just like that. It's going to be a
Jabber bot written in Python that will  collect timesheet information
from you and store it in a database. Then there will be a companion php
application to let you run reports and such from a web browser.

If anyone has ideas for features (like this Paypal invoice thing, for
instance), feel free to send them my way. This is a side project of
mine, so it's flexible.

-Bill Lovett