[nycphp-talk] Smarty syntax: for(...)

Chris Snyder csnyder at chxo.com
Wed Oct 22 17:14:57 EDT 2003

As a hack you could make an array with the number of elements needed,
and use that to loop in the template.
Sounds ugly, I know, but you could do it in your PHP code before you go
to display the template, using something like:

$loop = array();
for ( $i = 0; $i < max_iters; $i++ ){
    $loop[$i] = $i;
}

There's probably a more graceful way to do it, but then, there are more
graceful ways to template than Smarty, as we learned at last month's
meeting. ;-)

    csnyder