[nycphp-talk] <IfDefine> w/ PHP 4/5 ...

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Thu Oct 23 02:14:56 EDT 2003

Hans wrote:
it's hugely powerful, but not all, and you may run into some restrictions in
regards to security.  That said, Jon, I think it'd make for a great
article/demo on setting PHP through httpd.conf only (or as much as possible
and what just can't bet set).

This is true, ive noticed a few variables pertaining to safe_mode are
protected but one of the more easy ideas pertain to auto includes + db
setups:

/usr/sbin/httpd -DEV

<IfDefine EV>
<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin foo at foo.com
DocumentRoot "/var/dev/www"
ServerName dev
# php stuff
php_value auto_append_file "/var/dev/dev.inc"
phpe_value error_reporting "E_ALL"
</VirtualHost>
</IfDefine>

should probably go into the virtual host phundamental setups or something.
my original problem with the 2 php's was the setup for taking php4ts.dll's
into effect (since they seem to only look for the single one in the window
path) ...

- jon