[nycphp-talk] MySQL sync tool ...

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Thu Oct 23 06:05:50 EDT 2003

Jon,
Here is something which might interest you:
"... DBDesigner 4 offers the ability to connect to a MySQL
server and to create and synchronize a database with the
designed model"

The online online docs are at:
http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/doc/index.html

It can reverse engineer a database and store the schema as
xml.
It has an import menu for Erwin 4.1 xml (which I didn't try)
It can generate an html report
It has a query designer which can generate php (4.X.X) pages
with forms and views.
It is open source ( GPL )
It is optimized for use with MySQL but can be used with ODBC
(didn't try the odbc)

I tried it on a MySQL data with about fifty tables with
maybe a hundred attributes --
It seemed pretty quick (I wasn't benchmarking it)

I didn't execute the php pages but they looked okay on the
surface.

T. Gales & Associates
Helping People Connect with Technology
http://www.tgaconnect.com