[nycphp-talk] SQL Standards (there are so many to choose from)

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Oct 23 12:44:36 EDT 2003

Heya:

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 12:33:24PM -0400, Hans Zaunere wrote:

> If it's a numeric column, and a numeric value, it'll let you get away
> without using any quotes, for instance:
>
> But if it's a column of type string, date/time, etc, you'll need single
> quotes to avoid the "invalid number" error.  And double quotes are just a
> no no.

Exactly what I thought.  Thanks for the clarification.

> >>written by Peter Gulutzan, who co-wrote the book "SQL-99
> >>Complete, Really"
>
> >Does anyone HAVE that book?
>
> I've had good luck with Amazon's used books:
> Or, they have it for $50.

Yeah, I noticed, on both counts, thanks for making sure, though.  Thing
is, I'd like to have it _NOW_ god damn it! :)  Also, I would like to see
if it's really what I want.

Enjoy,

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/