[nycphp-talk] SPAM tank

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Oct 27 01:36:43 EST 2003

Heya:

Sorry for the off topic response...

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 01:12:38AM -0500, Shawn Lawyer wrote:

> In the 70's and early 80's kids would pull the emergency brake at rush hour
> on the subways of Manhattan. It had become a major problem. Then one day a
> most of the people riding in a car, beat the crap out a guys who pulled the
> emergency brake for no reason.

Cord pulling was a problem on the Lexington Ave line.  The reason most
people pulled the cords was to create a distraction, making it easy to
pick pockets.

> Since that day no one falsely pulls the emergency brake.

Not exactly.  The Transit Authority implemented my suggestion to place
alarmed covers over the pull cords.  Thus, people can't anonymously pull
the emergency brakes any more.

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/