[nycphp-talk] How can I be prompted for Windows Authentication w/o .htaccess?

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Fri Sep 5 00:54:53 EDT 2003

I have a folder that requires Windows Authentication each time it is access.  The remote system is Linux.  However, there is no sign of .htaccess nor .htpasswd as I understand a UNIX-based system to have to prompt for Windows Authentication, yet each time I am always prompted, even if I call the folder directly w/o calling a specific file in that folder (this all done via the browser).

Anyone there run into this and know what I should do about it?

Thanx
Phil