[nycphp-talk] Simple parse/replace

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Wed Sep 10 19:34:38 EDT 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Robert Dumas wrote:

> What I want to do is output it in a nice table, with the tabs replaced with
> table cells. How would I parse it as such? Bear in mind that the text files
> must remain tab-delimited, so as not to boff up an analysis script, so I
> can't output table data into the text file (nor would I want to, if I could;
> that is far too kludgy).

This should be enough to get you started:

$fp = fopen('foo.tab', 'r');
print "<table>\n";
while ($line = fgetcsv($fp, 1000, "\t")) {
  print "  <tr>\n    <td>";
  print join("</td>\n    <td>", $line);
  print "</td>\n  </tr>\n";
}
print "</table>\n";
fclose($fp);

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!