[nycphp-talk] windows help OT

Evan Heller evan.heller at alum.rpi.edu
Thu Sep 11 17:14:39 EDT 2003

Ok, somehow my windows machine was compromised and started to send out a dos
attack against an irc server (so i was told). I do keep up with the patches
and I run windows 2000 server. I do not run IIS. I also run norton antivuris
corporate and have come up with nothing. I could not find anything with a
trojan horse cleaner nor could I detect if I was compromised.

Does anyone have any way of determining if I was compromised? Any utilities
I could use to check this out without the hassle of a rebuild of the entire
machine. I would like to avoid rebuilding but what other choice do I have if
I cannot determine the cause of the intrusion and the extend of the damage.
(as of now I can see no damage).

-Evan