[nycphp-talk] installing PHP/MySQL on a Mac

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Sat Sep 13 14:41:59 EDT 2003

--- Peter Lehrer <pl at eskimo.com> wrote:
> I would like to know about the process of installing PHP and MySQL
> on a Mac.

It is identical to installing it on another other Unix variant, assuming you
compile your own Apache, MySQL, PHP, OpenSSL, and mod_ssl as I do.

If you don't, you can just use the Apache that comes with Mac OS X, or you can
use fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net/). Fink allows you to install/update any
software just as easily as you would on a Debian box (using apt-get), and it's
really solid. I use it for everything that I'm not picky about (I'm picky about
my AMP configuration).

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====
Become a better Web developer with the HTTP Developer's Handbook
http://httphandbook.org/