[nycphp-talk] Error involving inner SELECT using mySQL - HELP

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Sun Sep 21 14:17:13 EDT 2003

MessageI did, it seems that mySQL is becoming more and more of a waste of database!

Can't do subqueries, can't do foreign key constraints, even the datetime field column datatype doesn't allow for the now() function as an input parameter value in INSERT?.. so tell me what GOOD is mySQL anyway????

I rewrote the entire database table schema relational structure to include another association table and used that, flatting out the query.  However, it's really BAD coding because I have this query generating for every single $row['nnet_produkt_id'] from the outer query results.  BAD BAD BAD.. that means a while loop INSIDE another while loop!

Can you say performance murder!

Phil