[nycphp-talk] mysql authentication and php - building php for windows

Judy Bello JudyBe at belkin.com
Tue Sep 23 17:15:39 EDT 2003

Hi.
I just installed php version 4.3.3, apache2.x and mysql version 4.1 on
Windows.  The mySql server does not work with php authentication and the
error message suggests that i update php.  Unfortunately, I cannot find a
higher version of php released as Windows Binaries.  Worse yet, I am not
sure it would save me because the documentation says they are going to
deprecate the mysql library.    But I am thinking that the 'mysqli' library
might fix my problem, but it looks like I have to build the code myself to
integrate it, and I haven't seen a windows source package for php.
 I can back down my version of mysql, but then I lose some nice coding
advantages there.  This is all very frustrating because I am accustomed to
working in linux or some other unix and working with gnu tools where you
have a lot of freedom.    But I am not sure that would work to get a viable
windows executable and set of dlls.  Does anyone know if this can be done?
Is there any kind of package for building Windows php?  Is there a simpler
solution that I am not seeing?
Thanks for your advice.

Judy

Judith Bello