[nycphp-talk] Today's Meeting. Templates

Nasir Zubair lists at ny-tech.net
Tue Sep 23 23:54:08 EDT 2003

> Neither Chris or I never implied that designers are dumb. In todays market
you can find many 'Jack of all
> tades'. I have worked with amazing designers and many of them did not know
any programming what so ever. Not
> knowing a program language(s) does not mean that one is dumb. Being able
to let a designer concentrate on what
> he/she does best, will result in a better product. I am positive that
there are many good designers that know
> how to program, but when I look for a solution, I would like it to fit
most cases.

I am not sure why but it did come across to me that as if  "designers" in
question were mostly those who didn't know anything about scripting, or the
business logic. Hence the usage of "dumb", perhaps not the right word :)
Thanks for clarification though.

> A word about PHPLib: it takes time to get used to! I did not go into
details, but without adding anthing else
> to the HTML (besides variables and blocks), PHPLib Templates can do
ANYTHING that you need be done with the
> template. I have build many commercial and complex sites with it (where
the designers of the site did not know
> how to program :)).

I'll give PHPLib a shot for one of my upcoming projects, and see where it
leads me.

- Nasir