[nycphp-talk] AMP comments

Brian Pang bpang at bpang.com
Thu Sep 25 11:44:11 EDT 2003

I largely, if not wholly, agree with Chris, particularly where it
involves "people asking questions without giving any personal attempt at
solving their own problem."

A question or two for a newbie is ok, but it often seems as though the
list is used in lieu of the PHP (or other) Manual.
Often I refer to the manual to answer someone's question, and that is
just wrong.

I think that the front-end list is a bit of a stretch, but at least it's
separate (and I do subscribe to it). There are other lists available for
problems/questions concering apache, mysql, etc, specific problems.

I suppose, for example, apache specific questions could be relegated to
an apache at lists.nyphp.org list, which people who have no apache interest
could not subscribe to.

While I admit that I've asked an off-topic question or two and I don't
have an issue with a call for off-topic help, I think these threads
should go off-list as soon as possible.