[nycphp-talk] AMP comments

Daniel J Cain Jr. dan at cain.sh
Sat Sep 27 13:57:38 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 13:34, Tim Gales wrote:
> Perhaps we could have a web page, and ask people to read it
> before signing up.

It might be useful to provide info in a "Welcome to the NYPHP mailing
list" upon signing up to the list.  I am by no means an expert in
netiquette and would find it helpful to read some information how to
effectively use the mailing list as an 'additional' resource.

Not to insult the readers intelligence nor scare off newer users from
even posting to the list.  But maybe info on how to trim response posts
for readability and how to effectively ask questions (steps taken
already, code examples, etc.).

Just a thought that occurred to me while reading Tim's response.  I'll
leave it to the mailing list veterans to fill in any blanks or
oversights.